What are your hours of operation?
Our Business Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 11 AM to 7 PM; Closed Thursday; and Saturday & Sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM.
Where are you located?
We are located at 14808 Physicians Lane #211, Rockville, MD 20850. We are located on the second floor of a medical suite in the Shady Grove Medical Center complex across the street from CVS Pharmacy.
What is your contact information?
Will patients of Potomac Holistics be protected under The HIPAA Privacy Rule?
Yes, patients will be protected. Click here for more info.
Does Potomac Holistics take credit cards?
We do not take credit cards or personal checks at this time. Cash is accepted. We also have an ATM cash machine on site.
Does Potomac Holistics take insurance?
No, we do not take insurance.
Do you have handicap access?
Yes, elevators and ramps are available.
Is parking available?
There is ample free parking right outside the dispensary.
Bienvenidos a Potomac Holística. Tenemos Agentes Dispensarios para servirle en español.
What is medical cannabis?
The cannabis plant contains more than 100 different chemicals called cannabinoids. Each one has a different effect on the body. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are the main chemicals used in medicine.
What is medical cannabis used for?
Medical cannabis is used to treat the symptoms from different conditions, including:
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• Appetite Loss
• Chronic Pain
• Crohn’s Disease
• Eating Disorders such as Anorexia
• Mental Health Conditions like Schizophrenia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Muscle Spasms
• Nausea and Vomiting from Pain
• Wasting Syndrome (Cachexia)
How does medical cannabis help?
Cannabinoids, the active chemicals in medical cannabis, are similar to chemicals the body makes that are involved in appetite, memory, movement, and pain. Research suggests cannabinoids might:
• Reduce anxiety
• Reduce inflammation and relieve pain
• Control nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy
• Kill cancer cells and slow tumor growth
• Relax tight muscles in people with MS
• Stimulate appetite and improve weight gain in people with cancer and AIDS
How do you take medical cannabis?
To take medical cannabis, patients:
• Smoke it
• Inhale it through a device called a vaporizer that turns it into a mist
• Eat it, for example, in a brownie or lollipop. (Edibles have not yet been approved in Maryland. We intend to sell to qualifying patients cannabis tinctures with recipes to supplement at home food preparations.)
• Apply it to your skin in a lotion, spray, oil, or cream
• Place a few drops of a liquid under your tongue